Say goodbye to dry, rough lips and hello to long-lasting nourishment and protection. Moisture rich botanicals help to bind hydration to lips and SenePlex® Complex provides anti-ageing and restorative benefits. The lightweight formula is fragrance-free with a matte finish.
The Science Behind the Product
Moisturising Lip Balm was blended with the finest moisturisers and lip conditioners to help alleviate dry chapped, and damaged skin. Lip Balm delivers much needed moisture to vermillion of lips and maintains the moisture of lips while protecting lips from moisture loss. This versatile rich formula also conditions and softens lips, helps to increase cellular renewal for speedy recovery from damage as it helps protect from harmful rays of the sun with natural ingredients.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
Here are a few of the ingredients included:
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil): used to treat a wide variety of skin problems including bruises, burns, rash, scabies, skin infections, and wounds.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa): Seed Butter – commonly referred to as Cocoa Butter, this vegetable oil is derived from the seeds of the tropical Cacao tree. This solid oil softens the skin and protects it against environmental influences.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter): – considered as a plant lipid. Lipids are the oil and fat components of skin that prevent moisture evaporation from the skin and provide lubrication to the skin’s surface. Lipids are considered as a natural moisturiser.
- Corallina Officinalis (Blue Seaweed): Extract – improves the suppleness and the elasticity of skin. It stimulates the renewal of damaged skin cells, while moisturising and soothing the skin.
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract: hydrates, protects skin from the sun and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract: a skin-conditioning agent used in cosmetics and beauty care products because of its ability to act in oxidative stress and improve skin conditions.
- Orchis Morio (Orchid): Flower Extract – used as a preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free-radical protection and maximum moisturisation. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.
- Retinyl Palmitate: Vitamin A, it is fundamental for increasing skin elasticity and thickening of the epidermis and the dermis. Vitamin A plays an important role in RNA synthesis, known for its cellular renewal properties that speed up exfoliation to reveal younger, plumper skin cells which produces new and healthy cells in the skin and the body, This process of cell renewal and exfoliation helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin irregularities. Medical studies indicate that Vitamin A is effective in slowing down skin ageing and in reducing the number and depth of wrinkles. A regression of pigmented spots has been demonstrated in medical studies with regular use of Vitamin A.
- Tocopherol: Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature ageing and combating wrinkles by neutralising free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.
- Glucosamine HCL: enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Phenoxyethanol: an oily liquid used as a bactericide and topical antiseptic.
- Propylene Glycol: organic compound used as a ‘carrier’ or ‘holder’ of active ingredients that also softens skin.
- Propylparaben: the n-propyl ester of p-hydroxybenzoic acid, occurs as a natural substance found in many plants and some insects, although it is manufactured synthetically for use in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and foods. It is a preservative typically found in many water-based cosmetics, such as creams, lotions, shampoos and bath products.
- Paraffin: Paraffin oil is a colourless liquid used for lubrication.